Re: Running xy 3+ under windows xp - aarrgghhh!

Reply to note from "J. R. Fox"  Mon, 23 Jun 2003
10:12:31 -0800

> Come on Robert, Carl. What did you use prior to Xy ?

Francine, bless her heart. She was my secretary, one of the best I
ever had, back when I had secretaries. She was using Xy II or III,
whatever was current in 1985. That's the year my firm moved up to
PC's from a typewriter-like machine with a one-line display; the
name escapes me now -- it looked like a Selectric, but wasn't made
by IBM -- starts with "A", I think. Started editing my own stuff a
year or so later. Before long I was a curiosity: a senior
associate, bucking for partner, who did his own "typing". (Curious
or not, I got the promotion.) What lawyer under the age of 55
doesn't, nowadays?

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx