Re: Another Printer/Spooler Problem w/ XY4 -Reply

** Reply to note from Steve Crutchfield  Wed, 02 Oct 1996 15:00:19 -0400

> Maybe I'm just lucky, but I've never had XyWin lock up on me
> while printing under OS/2's version of windows. I've printed
> forty, fifty page documents, and the page numbers in the
> "currently printing" box fly by faster than a lawyer chasing an
> ambulance.
>
> Steve

We were talking about XyWrite under DOS. Not OS/2. But, no matter.
While XyWrite is printing to the spooler, can you do any work
inside the XyWrite session? Can you continue to edit? Of course not. The fact
that fast computers and good spoolers reduce this operation to just a few seconds
doesn't alter the fact: Printing under XyWrite steals the entire attention
of the session. XyWrite knows nothing of threads. This is ancient history.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx