Re: Ignorant keyboard question

At 05:16 PM 1/12/01 +0000, Carl Distefano wrote:
>In other words, you want to maintain a file consisting of
>a "static" (but editable) list of filenames and assign to
>a key a routine that will display that list on demand,
>allow you to cursor down to the filename you want, and,
>on pressing Enter, ABort the file list and CAll the
>selected file?

Yes! Yes!

>The notion that you'd have to throw up
>your hands and use Note-whatever to do this is derisory.

NoteTab! A powerful, fast and free little html editor. Very
straightforward, very much in the XYwrite philosophy. Not a substitute for
XY of course, but definitely one for the contraption that comes with
Windows ("Write", was it?).

>Any number of people on this list could write such a
>routine blindfolded with one hand tied behind their back.

If any them gets around to do it, I will be grateful.

>Unfortunately, both my hands are tied at the moment, by
>work. Anyway, since you'd probably want to build Xy3
>compatibility into your routine,

Actually, I have finally more or less abandoned XY3 and migrated over to XY4.
Of course, XY3 is always there on a travel floppy in the standby suitcase.

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
-- "Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong." (Oscar
Wilde)