RE: Rescue Xy3

On Sun, 23 May 1999, Tom Robertson wrote:

> Maybe good news. It will not be too long before there are 250 Mb
> USB port Zip drives. You will be able to put easily put the
> XyWrite program on it and plug into any USB compatible
> computer--so they say.

Actually, there are already 100MB USB Zip drives from several
manufacturers; I just got a Microtech that is about 1/2" tall, weighs
just ounces, and will slip into a pocket. Fine for carrying along with a
notebook.

But for use with another machine, even when you find one with a USB port
(as nearly all recent machines have), you'd still have to install the
drive (don't forget drivers) before you could use it, which is a bit
much trouble.

Fortunately, there really are a lot of machines out there with internal
Zip drives. Not as ubiquitous as floppies, but you have a fair chance.

	Dorothy

*****
Dorothy Day
Indiana University
day@xxxxxxxx
*****
	"He also surfs who only sits and waits."