Re: TAME Pre6

Re David Thomas' reply:
>If you choose to assign a different function to the del numberpad key,the
>fix you applied will not work correctly. Cursorpad keys are accelerated by
>sending the numpad equivalent key. We use compatible/slow mode when not
>repeating, so the first press should always be right.
And, having worked with him on this for my own case, I am *pretty* sure I
can clarify this a little further. The Delete key (not Del)--key
95--presents special problems, for technical reasons about BIOS calls and
such. It's hard to get fast smooth repeats with 95. The workaround he came
up with is that when key 95 is held down, the repeats (after the first
output) are treated as if they came from the "Del" key on the numberpad
(key 83). For instance, consider the following key assignments in Xy:

95=rc
83=x
I tested these assignments in Tame-Xy pre6. Results: holding down the Delete key (#95) produces: one character deletion, followed by x's for as long as you continue to hold the Delete key down.

So, to get nice behavior, use RC on both:

95=rc
83=rc

That is the XY4.KBD default assignment anyway.
>>> you can always mark/del, means:

>To get fast, safe delete, open a block, mark with the cursor, and delete
>what is marked.  Does not require a fast repeating del.

Carl was right. He's probably too modest to say so himself. :-)

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx