VERSION 3.56

The Marketing Department has asked me to post the following message. It
discusses the release of version 3.56. Please note that to upgrade to 3.56, you
must return your master disk (with the serial number) to the orders department.
For this upgrade only, we are waiving the shipping and handling charges.

 ---chris

Dear Bulletin Board Customer:

Each release of XyWrite III Plus incorporates a variety of changes to correct
problems previously encountered by our users. These changes are commonly
referred to as "bug fixes". In version 3.56 the most notable "bug fix"
involves using XyWrite with Windows, version 3.0, on 386-class machines. Under
this configuration, XyWrite no longer exhibits the problem, found in version
3.55, associated with performance when multiple function calls were assigned to
a single key.

In addition, we have modified the way that the Auto-Replace/Auto-Correct
features work. As you know, when XyWrite III Plus was originally released in
June 1987, it included an automatic correction and abbreviation expansion
feature. Unbeknownst to us, a patent application for a related capability had
been filed in 1984 and was subsequently granted in 1988. The patent holder
contacted us in late 1989 and apprised us of the existence of their patent.
XyWrite III Plus has been modified so that it cannot be construed as
infringing.

In version 3.56 Auto-Check/Correct is Auto-Check because it will no longer
automatically correct misspelled words; and Auto-Replace is an action key
rather than a toggle. The upgrade comes with change pages for the reference
guide that will explain the modifications in more detail.

If you would like to update your current software to the new version, send your
master Word Processing disk (the one with the serial number) to the Order
Department for an exchange. There is no charge for this upgrade.

XYQUEST Marketing Department