Re: Stack glitch

** Reply to note from "R Tennenbaum"  Tue, 18 Feb 97

Lemme go back to your original msg:

> Occasionally, now, F5 doesn't take immediately and I have to press it
> again -- not a great big problem for me -- unless it is. Is this a
> symptom of some sort of conflict, or needn't I worry about it?

When you say "F5 doesn't take", what exactly do you mean? You have the
assignment

 63=BC,&S

After you hit F5, what do you expect to happen? If I read this assignment
correctly, nothing is programmed to happen! All you've done is cleared the
CMline, then prepared STACK.PM to Unstack. Are you saying that when you
now hit your Unstack key (whatever it is), nothing happens? If you then
tap the Unstack key a second time, does it start to rewind the Stack? Or,
are you saying that when you hit F5 the CMline doesn't clear? Is that why
you hit the F5 key a second time ("I have to press [F5] again"). Since the
BC precedes the &S, I'm pretty confident that Stack has nothing to do with
the problem. You might try

 63=BC

for awhile, just to see if the same thing happens without Stack.

At some point, you might try the assignment

 63=Q5XH&SBC&S

It gives you more for your money. Stacks, and unstacks, both.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx