Re: Automatic Indexing

** Reply to note from jenterli@xxxxxxxx (James Enterline) Wed, 16 Oct 1996 12:42:58 -0400 (EDT)

> An easy way to get started with an initial list
> of all unique [indexable] words in [a] document . . .:
> Do a SPELL command on the entire document while all
> dictionaries have been unloaded.

Now _that_ is bloody clever! I've been avoiding indexes for years, for
precisely the reason that I thought I'd have to go through and manually
discriminate keywords. This at least hands you the initial list on a platter,
without redundancy and without clumsy XPL sorting procedures.
What a great, simple, useful idea. Thanks.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx