Re: Scrambled Files

Reply to note from WooF  Mon, 26 Nov 2001
22:25:51 -0500 (EST)

> I use XyWrite 3.57 almost entirely for writing and editing
> text. Being cautious, I save everything on two removable disks.
> Every so often, I find that the contents of one disk get
> scrambled -- that is, when I call a file by its proper file
> name, I get not that file, but a chunk of some other file.

You can use the DOS XCOPY command with switch /V to verify that a
file is correctly copied. With a short XPL program such as the
following (shown in pseudo-code), you can SAve the file in the
current XyWrite window and XCOPY it (using the /Verify option) to
your B: drive:

BC saXC BC wait
BC dos /k xcopy > b: /vXC BC GT

Using switch /K (instead of /C) with the DOS command Keeps the DOS
session on screen, so you can see if XCOPY returns an error message.
Type EXIT to return to XyWrite.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx