Xy from a flash drive

Folks,

I’d like to load XyWrite to a flash drive and operate from the flash drive rather than from the computer hard drive.

On Wednesday, I will be traveling for three weeks with a new laptop that is gong to be given to me for my adventures by my client. I don’t know what kind of laptop it will be, but I presume one commonly available for basic email/word processing.

I’m mainly worried about the path command.  Will this have to be changed on the laptop?

Does anyone have other tips or can they steer me where to look?

I think this issue was covered sometime last year.

Jay