Re: Win10 upgrade news

I realize of course that messages saying positive things about Windows 10 are not entirely welcome on this list, but here goes.  The excessively long startup and shutdown times on my 6-year old 64-bit machine running Win 7 were drastically reduced by upgrading to Win 10.  And on my 64-bit laptop running Win 8.1, the touch pad under Win 10 now plays nice with an attached mouse whether connected by USB or bluetooth.  After 6 months of use, I have concluded that Windows 10 is perhaps the best Window OS I have ever used, at least as good a 7, once I disabled some of its tendencies to check in with the mother ship.  Indeed, it's fair to say I no longer miss OS2 as I did for years after I switched to Windows.  I have refused no updates so far, and I believe that they have actually helped to improve OS performance.  I'm sure that Microsoft wants everyone to eventually update to 10 and probably, at some point, pay a subscription, but I don't necessarily see that as being somehow evil either.  I am willing to pay for essential software that is actively supported.  It's a solid product without the ugly appearance of 8.1 and has worked virtually flawlessly so far.

Cheers,

Bill TeBrake
UMaine History Emeritus