Re: autoreplace (single-shot, on CTRL key)

This reply went out off-list. As the subject is of general
interest, I'm posting it here.

"M.W. Poirier" wrote:

>  My Ctrl key is the same as Tim's. I think changing this may do it.
>  Let us know, please.

Yes, that does indeed make the difference. Still not sure why
the "XH" thing is needed. (This seems to be much the same key
mod as was employed for the Xy-3 {post 3.55} "fix" to the
then-compromised AC / abbrev. expansion feature). I'd still like
to know for sure if there are any conceivable drawbacks to having
these redefined Ctrl keys ? (Time says NO.) I have a rather
extensive set of CTRL table kbd. macros.

Also, someone commented that this means various other
capabilities might be loaded onto other toggle keys (but probably
not in addition to this one on the CTRL key). I'd like to know
what -- specifically - the author had in mind.

Jordan