Re: Can v. 112 of Jumbo U2 Crash OS/2 ?

** Reply to message from "J. R. Fox"  on Wed, 24 Jul 2002
10:44:07 -0800

> I have *always* run Xy as a fullscreen seamless session.

Fullscreen seamless? I never heard "seamless" used in any context other than
Win-OS/2, i.e. running a Win3.x program on the OS/2 Desktop. Do you mean,
Maximized (but still windowed) session on the Desktop? To me, "FullScreen"
means DOS VGA 80x25 640x480 black-background console session, no Desktop in
sight -- the way DOS apps were designed to run, in short.

> This happens so fast I don't think Startup has
> even gotten off the starting block.

Jordan, I honestly think there's a gremlin in your machine. Tried a fresh copy
of EDITOR? Print-to-file your DOS Settings under W4, and copy them to ECS.
Then start by putting  in STARTUP.INT at the very beginning of the file,
i.e. load nothing. If Xy4 loads successfully and repeatedly, you'll at least
know that something in STARTUP.INT is triggering the problem. Try the BX p 1Q2
idea; what happened to me was EXACTLY what is happening to you -- except that it
didn't bring the whole OS down (and yes, waiting for CHKDSK to inspect every
disk is miserable).

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx