Re: Editing a 2GB+ file

** Reply to message from Bill Troop  on
Sun, 26 Oct 2008 12:28:49 +0000

> Robert, I have looked at a few Eudora MBXs and the delimiting
> structure largely appears to be From with an initial capital. The
> first message is not preceded by a carriage return, but all (most?)
> subsequent ones are.

Gosh, there's got to be more to it than that! What happens if
"From" appears at the start of any line in a message body
itself? What if one message quotes another message in this
fashion? Are you using LIST (or similar) and switching into hex
mode to look at the bytes? What tool are you inspecting with?
I fervently hope it isn't XyWrite itself! XyWrite is NOT
reliable for this task.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx