Re: Development

It is probably a bit much to expect XYDOS to use long filenames,
the implementation of which in WPW 6.1 I find clumsy. But there
is a more obvious solution. Nota Bene 4, for all its
impossibilities, had a number of advantages over XY, the most
obvious of which was the best onscreen handling of file
manipulation I have seen in a word processor. You could do just
about anything to any file from one file list screen. Why can't
the next version of XY, or relevant new products, steal the idea
(not the code)? I sent TG a list of points on which NB was
markedly better, with this at the top, but it was never
acknowledged.

-- Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science
University of Pennsylvania