new computer with large hard drive

Because Netseller.com was very helpful on honoring the warranty on my computer that died I am going to buy another no name clone from them with a very large hard drive (either 160 or 250 gb hd formated for fat32, 2gb of ram and a 2500mh amd sempron cpu for about $550 and dual booting with xp and 98se. I am tempted to also try Lindows  My main concern is whether the size of the ram or the hd will create any problems for running xywrite or dos.  My main use of the computer is writing in xywrite and printing in wordperfect 5.1, converting documents to pdf for electronic filing, using lexis and westlaw and downloading text files from them, email and web surfing. I do not use any graphics or games.  I recently bought an external 160 gb hard drive which I have been using for back up.  In fact I was 100% backed up when my old pc died. Till now I had not had problems running xywrite under xp except for exiting when I find I have to alt tab to unfreeze the pc on exiting xywrite. I do not print in xywrite and am satisfied with the display

Appreciate any suggestions or warnings

avromf@xxxxxxxx or af413@xxxxxxxx