Re: KEYMODE

Hi Carl,

Exactly. I would recommend to use KEYMODE=1 for a vDos-lfn for XyWrite installation too. Perhaps you want to set other options such as BLINKC=ON for the installation as well.

Wengier

On Thursday, May 19, 2016 12:26 PM, Carl Distefano <cld@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Wengier,

> KEYMODE=1 is basically the XyWrite compatibility mode as used by
> vDosXy. [...] if you set KEYMODE=2 in vDos-lfn (note that this mode
> is not supported by vDosXy), then keys such as CAPSLOCK and NUMLOCK
> will work properly in [programs such as MS-DOS 7 EDIT and QBASIC].

Ah, okay, this confirms my experience. If I set KEYMODE=2 (which, if I
recall correctly, is the vDos-lfn default), then my Xy4 keyboard file
is crippled; I need KEYMODE=1. For purposes of a generic "vDos-lfn for
XyWrite" installation, then, KEYMODE=1 should be the preferred
setting, correct?

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx