[Fwd: New Subscriber---old User of Xywrite]

--- Begin Message ---
I am sorry to write you personally but Eudora refused to post the message I
tried to address to your list. Likewise, it would not let me "reply" to a
message I received. Also---changes to lstsrv as per my initial signup or to
mjd (Major Domo?) as per the instructions in the first email I received.
Perhaps you could post the following for me. Thanks.

I am new to the Xywrite list, but glad to know that there are a few users
left. I still do most of my writing in Xywrite IIIPlus 3.51 (I think 3.55
just added menus). I have 4.0 for DOS but don't like it as well.

I moved to Win95 last year and use Word and Word Perfect for formating and
printing, but still do most composing in XyWrite.

I am fully convinced it is the priemer DOS/Windows HTML editor around. I
recently tried BBEdit Lite on my daughter's MAC and XyWrite will exceed its
capabilities at most points.

However, I would like to maintain XyWrite's commandline interface and
rocket speed---thus no Xywrite for Windows, yet have Xywrite as a native
Windows 95 App as an HTML, text, utility editor. I want a windows
upgrade---not as a big fat word processor, but as the fast, powerful little
text editor that conquered DOS.

Is the company still around? I can't find them on the WEB? Does anyone else
out there think that this kind of upgrade would be a good thing? Opinions.

By the by----I am using Word Perfect Suite7 to read, edit & print my old
Xywrite files, but it only translates from 3.55. It puts them in one
font---10 pt.; and, when I try to change fonts to 12 pt, inserts hard
returns where they ought not to be. Any suggestions?

In Word I can only read my Xywrite files as ASCII---my fall back position.
I have writen a strip.pm to convert the Xywrite to pure text (takes three
seconds flat on a long file), but I would like to preserve formating in
many of the files. Suggestions?

Sorry for so much at once, but finding another Xywrite user has been a real
thrill. How many of us are there?

Thanks for the list! I have a long list of questions, but will give you a
break on this first posting. Thanks again.

--- End Message ---