To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, June 12, 2011 8:08 PM
Subject: Re: Edward Mendelson on Tamedos

** Reply to message from "Avrom Fischer" <avromf@xxxxxxxx> on
Wed, 1 Jun 2011 12:59:12 -0400

> In your opinion can I get a full screen for Xywrite in Windows 7.
> If so how and will tamedos help.

Tame has no bearing on this problem.  Microsoft eliminated the
full-screen option starting in Vista with new WDDM display
driver model.  There are two solutions.  1) Enable XP Mode (via
Virtual PC), disable integration features on the Tools menu. 2)
Install legacy (XP) XPDM drivers for your video card, if
available (almost always available) -- download from your PC
manufacturer, not from Graphics card manufacturer.

I do #2.  It works.  You lose Aero and some acceleration, but
for me that's the lesser of concerns.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx