Mouse freezing

Dear Fellow Xywriter Users.

Today I encountered a problem I never experienced before.  My cursor is freezing.  I can save the document and restart xy after the cursor freezes and than it happens after a while again..  It started today and I have not installed any new lprograms.  Howver I have been running antimaleware, anti spyware and Macafee 24/7 .  I have a dell optplex 780 with 4 gigs of ram.  I am running windows xp.  I use a generic dell optical corded mouse. For the last severl weeks my pc is running flakely and I have run the free one shopt versikonof anti malware, anti spyware, tdssk, hitmanpro  Macafee comes through my email lprogram and runs 24/7  the others only run when I initiate it.  But I have been running the non-macfee progams a lot lately.  any suggestions

Avrom Fischer
Avromf@xxxxxxxx or af413@xxxxxxxx
786 Eaat 19th Street
Brooklyn, NY  11230