Re: VM Blues

Another Paul Bunyan sized thumbs down for Win 8, if you're asking me.

Bill, I had thought that at least a couple of the VM solutions
we've been discussing here _did have_ an Auto-Save backup feature ?

Meanwhile, I saw a mention somewhere online that Win 9 may be
coming out in the next several months, and that MS supposedly
learned something from their fiasco with Win 8.  I wouldn't
care to wager much on that.  Hope we can keep 7 going for
another few years.  It has some issues (*), but overall is
pretty decent.  I don't want to have to start thinking about
virtualizing 7 inside of something later.  They may have run
out of road on this OS, after 7.

[* From Day One with Win 7, I've been thoroughly disgusted
with it's puny, cryptic, exasperating Search function.  It's
a whole lot worse than the animated dog in XP, which you
could get rid of with TweakUI, leaving behind a solid search
feature.  After a quick pass with Google, I found a few
alternatives.  I just installed this open source one

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/filesearchclassic/

which looks like it might be the replacement I wanted.]

   Jordan