Re: My lunch with Microsoft

Harry,

One way of doing SSD clones would be to connect an external SDD enclosure with the same SSD in it as you have in your machine, and use e.g. Acronis to do the cloning. As to Acronis, see:

https://kb.acronis.com/content/61665
https://www.acronis.com/en-us/support/documentation/ATI2019/index.html#3565.html

Or use the free version of EaseUS:
https://www.easeus.com/backup-recovery/windows-10-disk-clone.html

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxxxx

*** Lexitec Online ***

For cloning, I formerly yanked out the hard drive of my Lenovo and popped into a standalone "toaster" duplicator. Result: a sector-by-sector, bootable, clone of my current disk. But the SSD on my new Lenovo can't be easily removed (old required removing one phillips screw). So I need to use software while I'm re-booted into some OS set up for the purpose. Now my question: where can I learn STEP-BY-STEP instructions for doing this--i.e., making a bootable clone (with EaseUS or Acronis or whatever)?
Thanks, very much.

Harry