Re: OT: Chrome users, be advised

Hi Kari,

I think I may have identified something that could speak to the continuing
functionality or obsolescence of our preferred browser version.  I have
lately been unable to resolve  https://www.opensubtitles.org -- it just
hangs.  My first step was to consult IsItDownRightNow and a couple
other similar sites that I use to cross-check occurrences like these.  They
did not show any issues.  (I followed the standard suggestions to flush DNS,
browser cache, and Cookies.  This made no difference.)  One of them
suggested that I scrap my ISP\s DNS and switch to OpenDNS.  But before
taking that big of a departure, I thought that I should first try with other browsers.
IE-11 still gets there just fine.  That is already highly suggestive in itself --
that this is *not* a DNS problem.  At this point, IE is probably getting minimal
updates, but they're not zero. I also have Opera on this rig, and will try with that.
I have Chrome on a netbook, and Safari on an IPAD, which will make a sample size
of 5.

You would not be able to run a comparable testing, since you have a different
ISP with their own DNS resources.  But, if you did reproduce the same result
with FF ESR (Legacy) 5290, that would be telling.

And I'm left wondering whether we will be finding some other things that no
longer work?

   Jordan