Re: OT: Windows 10 free upgrade

I don't want to abandon Windows 7. What are my options? - July 2019 - Forums

& then if you scroll down a bit there is

(a limited reprieve).

If you must, you must.  Admittedly, this has much to do
with my loathing of W-10 and pointed avoidance of it, but
I am continually exasperated when I revisit it by the many,
many -- and completely unnecessary --  re-namings and
relocation of basic and formerly familiar items or procedures.
So much time wasted on that !  (I'd love to find a good,
tabular "equivalences" cheat sheet, but even then . . . . )

I've already found plenty of things that worked just fine in 7
but which are incompatible with 10.  I don't know what I'm
going to do.  Maybe take my 7's offline, and use Linux or
something else for things like webcrawling.  Or dive into
VMs.

  Jordan