Re: OT: Windows 10 free upgrade

Jordan,

> So you choose Virtualbox over VMWare ?  Is it just a matter of
> what you happen to be running / emulating, or are there additional
> reasons ?
VMWare is a bit too stodgy, and has some issues with CentOS. For example, I could not get sound working with VMWare.
If you want to try CentOS in a virtual machine, I would suggest a
ready-to-use Browser Appliance. I have CentOS 7.5 (64 bit), May 10, 2018
	Firefox ESR 52.8 from http://browser.shell.tor.hu/ which I have updated
using Multimedia setup from
https://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/MultimediaOnCentOS7 (did steps
1,2,3 flash, vlc, smplayer). I added a normal user 'vbox' (adduser
command), set up passwords for 'root' and 'vbox', and updated Firefox to
current version. Works great on top of Win7 under Virtualbox.
Zorin is a Win7 lookalike. You can run vDosPlus XyWrite in any Windows
virtual environment. It does not add much overhead. I have it in W2K
(not very pretty, but snappy!). Windows 2000 can run a wide gamut of
DOS/Win programs (DOS, Win 3.1, Win 32-bit) very fast. If you have the
resources, Win7 64-bit runs, of course, modern apps fancier as a virtual
machine, but fails on DOS and Win 3.1.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)