Re: GUI Grep text search

Carl,

This is quite interesting. I have used some kind of grep as part of my lexicographical Xy textbase to look up terms and phrases for a long time. Back in the days of Win 3.1, it was Borland Turbo grep. I have tried various 'nix varieties of grep available on the Win platform over the years. However, the grep I use now, mostly for PHP development, is grepWin (https://github.com/stefankueng/grepWin/releases/tag/1.9.1). It has many very handy features.
Another application that has similar uses, but depends on indexes, is
DocFetcher. It is a Java application, and it can be used to search any
kind of text archives (txt, DOC, PDF, also zipped) and even Firefox (now
deprecated) Scrapbook archives, which is my main use for it. I file
translations I have made on a browser-application by dropping them into
a Scrapbook folder, and their contents are then searchable via
DocFetcher. Instantaneous, even for huge text masses. A bit difficult to
set up, but worth the while.
Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxxxx

This is somewhat tangential to XyWrite, but may be of interest. I've
written a GUI wrapper for Grep for Windows, the text-search tool.