Re: OT: Windows 10 free upgrade

Following Carl's message a couple of weeks ago, I too have been looking at Windows 10. I could not upgrade my version of Windows 7 but after a clean install I was able to buy a pro licence for about £2 on Ebay. This new OS is on a new hard disk so that I can swap it in and out with my active Windows 7 system.

I now have a working version of Windows 10.  I would like to contain its
ability to send data back to Microsoft.  There are various programs that
try to do this but I have no idea how effective they are.  The one I
have installed is called WPD.  It appears to be comprehensive but I have
no way of testing how effective it is.  Does anybody else have any
experience of this, or of trying to control Windows 10 by any other
means.  There seems to be a community interested in making Windows 10
private and I would be happy to go down this route if I knew that it was
effective.
Paul