Manuscript files

Dear Carl

In Notabene it is possible to create a manuscript file from files that are individual chapters of a book. (This is done with a mouse from a file list, selecting and ordering them manually, which gets around the problem of order I have found, below.) This MS file can then be printed or converted to RTF.
Is there any way of creating a similar file in XY4?  I have tried the
CHAIN routine and this will work, although I need to put a PG at the end
of each chapter.  That is not a massive chore but if there is a way of
chaining the chapters without the need for the manual insertion of a PG,
that would be useful to me.
More importantly for me, can I control the order in which the files
appear in the chained file.  I have just tested CHAIN on a set of files
that run from Chapter.1 to chapter.20 and they appeared in the order:
1,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,2,20,3,4,5,6,7,8,9

Any way of forcing them into simple Arabic numerical order.

Best wishes

Paul