More ANSI and RTF conversion

PS. Regarding conversion to RTF it occurs to me that no character conversion is necessary, only conversion of XY4 formatting to RTF. I have just tested a file generated in XY4 containing all the characters in the U2 routine CP1252. I put .RTF on the end and it opened in Word and all the characters seemed to appear correctly. I am not sure if this observation is of any value.

Dear Carl

Now I have ANSI1252.ZIP I have been able to apply Robert's fixes to the ghostscript a4 printer from vdosplus and the result is impeccable. So far as I can see everything comes out as it should. This would appear to provide a complete CP1252 compliant version of XY4 based on the ability of vdosplus to operate in CP1252 and the hacked XY4 files that I made a couple of years ago.

The only slight niggle now is translating to a windows format such as
RTF when there is XY4 formatting to deal with too.  I have been
exploring the XYWWWEB.U2 RTF conversion routine.  So far as I can tell
it is limited to a subset of the 437 code page (up to about 187, I
think).  I am guessing here, but I assume this is based on the old
filters that shipped with XY4.  It would be nice to find a complete
CP1252 conversion but I imagine that is impossible -- or at least it
will cost money.  Was there ever a 850 code page version?
Best wishes

Paul