Re: Migrating to Mac

I assume that this vDosMac system will not work on Catalina. Correct?

Lisa Kleinholz

On Sun, Nov 11, 2018 at 2:29 PM Edward Mendelson <em36@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
… and furthermore on the vDosMac system: I just confirmed that if you print to LPT3, using a PCL or PostScript driver in your application, the system will create a PDF file on the Mac desktop; the file will have an arbitrary name which can easily be renamed. This is in addition to the printing feature that I mentioned in an earlier message.

The alternative methods suggested in some earlier messages seem to require quite a bit of preliminary setup of drives, etc. The vDosMac system requires absolutely no setup at all after you’ve copied your XYn folder from your existing system into the vDosDisk folder in your user directory on the Mac. Of course there may be many reasons why those alternative methods are far superior to this one, but I don’t know what those reasons might be.