Re: OT: re Acronis & Win-10

I had the perfect solution to backing up . . . until the new M.2 drives came. With the old SATA SSDs, I would simply remove the drive, put it in a drive toaster along with another SATA drive of the same size, push two buttons and start cloning, all without a PC being used.

But the M.2 NVMe stick of memory that serves as a drive in my new Lenovo ThinkPad 480s cannot be interfaced with a SATA duplicator, and the duplicators that exist for it cost well over $1,000. I can fit my drive to a USB adapter, but at USB 2.0 speeds, it would take 8 hours to duplicate my drive.

The NVMe flavor of M.2 is the killer. There are M.2 to SATA cards, but not for NVMe.