Re: Revised installer for XyWin

Edward,

Thank you for catering for XyWin users. This version seems to work ok.

The disk organization is dependent on OTVDM, and now I have the following:
C:\OTVDM with msdos.exe, start.exe AND OTVDM.EXE etc.
C:\OTVDM\C with autoexec.bat
C:\OTVDM\Windows
C:\OTVDM\XYWIN

Somehow I feel that this should be (mimicking the normal root folder tree):
C:\OTVDM with OTVDM.EXE etc.
C:\OTVDM\C with autoexec.bat, msdos.exe, start.exe, etc.
C:\OTVDM\C\Windows
C:\OTVDM\C\XYWIN
Does this make any difference? How does the OTVDM engine see the paths internally? Is there a way to set the root folder to something else, like D:\OTV-ROOT? Let's assume I would want to make several Win 3.1 setups, and would use just one OTVDM engine for them.
Another thing: I can rename (msdos player) msdos.exe to command.com and
put dosemu=command.com in the OTVDM.INI. Once done, XyWin will run
command.com but closes the session after the syntax screen. How to have
a persistent DOS session from inside XyWin?
Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxxxx

*** Lexitec Online ***

Edward Mendelson wrote:

Apologies: I said the version of the XyWin installer that I posted yesterday would be the final one, but I found a few minor flaws in the logic and posted a new one:
www.columbia.edu/~em36/XyWriteForWindowsInstaller.exe