Re: Postscript printing to pdf in Windows

Dear Paul,
I have not used XyWin for printing, and I print and format my XyWrite copy normally in a typesetting program (Ventura, Quark, etc.).
However, your tribulations made me try to print via OTVDM XyWin. Being
an old Acrobat guy, I chose the PS to Distiller method.
First, in XyWin, I selected "File, Printer setup, XyWrite Driver...,
Add" and post13.prn from XW\printers folder, set it as LPT1 with the
name "Postscript" and loaded it. Status line shows it as current printer.
Then, I chose "Print" with the option "to File" [enter], entered MY.PS
into the "Print to File" dialog.
Lastly, selected MY.PS from DOCS folder, doubleclicked it, and, voilà, I
got a distilled MY.PDF (with Acrobat Distiller installed, GhostScript
needs suitable batch files for this).

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxxxx

*** Lexitec Online ***
Dear Edward
OK.  I have installed PrintFilePrinter now and set it to watch E:\temp. I have XW printing to a Ghostscript printer which redirects the output to Ghostscript which generates a ps file called pdftemp.ps.  This file is generated in E:\temp but it does not appear to be intercepted by PrintFilePrinter and sent to my viewer.  So far as I can see nothing actually happens.  I have also tried generating a pdf file called pdftemp.ps and also called pdftemp.pdf.  This latter can be viewed with my viewer to confirm that the Ghostscript part of the system is working.

Do you have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Paul