Re: Postscript printing to pdf in Windows

Edward,
With a dedicated empty folder (c:\temp), I could finally get this to work. Perseverance rewarded.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxxxx

*** Lexitec Online ***
Kari,
Thank you for giving me the details of your setup. For reasons that I don't understand, the AutoIt function that I'm using to detect a new file doesn't seem to work when there are many files in the folder.

Could you try creating a new folder named

C:\otvdm\XyWin\TEMP
and (1) setup my PrintFilePrinter to watch that folder and (2) tell XyWrite or your Windows printer driver to output to that folder?

Meanwhile, I'll ask on the AutoIt forum if there's a fix.
Incidentally you can use multiple output filenames for different drivers, as in PDFTEMP1.PS, PDFTEMP-Whatever.PS, and they should all open in your default PDF reader.