Re: vdosplus printing in Windows xp

Dear Edward
Thanks. I have found that an old version of GS, (9.10) seems to do the trick.

Best wishes

Paul

On 11/03/2020 17:28, Edward Mendelson wrote:
If I remember correctly, that error occurs when the executables were
built in a version of Visual Studio that doesn't support XP. But I’m not
at all certain of that.

I don’t have old versions any longer, but at some point Ghostscript.com
<http://Ghostscript.com> started posting binaries, though you’ll have to
change the name of the PCL6 executable (which is now called something
like gpclwin32.exe, and needs to be renamed pcl6.exe). It’s at least
possible that the current versions will work in XP, though it’s possible
that, like any responsible software vendor, they won’t support XP any
longer for obvious security reasons.

Try downloading from

https://www.ghostscript.com/download.html

If the current versions give the same error, then go to
https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://www.ghostscript.com/download.html

and see if the oldest versions available there will work.

If that doesn’t work, then you’ll probably need an old version of
vDosPlus, which shouldn’t be hard to find.

Or, you could install an old version of Visual C++ (it’s free) and
compile the old versions for yourself. it’s extremely easy to do.