Re: going to L

Tom,

Is only XyWrite affected? Have you tried another keyboard?
For spurious keyboard problems, the first thing to try is to eliminate the possibility of static electricity. Remove batteries and cut the power supply.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxxxx

*** Lexitec Online ***
I am quite certain the answer to this is gonna make me feel stupid, but I cannot get xywrite to make a lower case L, as in l.  all the L’s in my keyboard file are showing caps, as are L’s in any file on any disk I care to access.

curiously, on the command line, L behaves,  caps with shift or capslock, lowercase otherwise; but not in text.

it’s an omnikey ultra keyboard that otherwise works fine. I’m using vdosplus with windows 7. it’s a new/used hewlett packard laptop, but a week ago it was not doing this. the keyboard is the only thing I’ve changed, but as I noted it’s capable of lowercase on the xy command line. and the keyboard couldn’t be changing l to L in all my files.

it’s only the L.  I guess I could get used to it, but not sure my editors would be so charitable.

help