Re: off topic: advice for PC purchase

Hi Lynn,
I must concur with Carl about HP's Z series. I still have an ancient Z400 which performs very well. I persuaded my wife to buy a second-hand top-notch Zbook 15 G3 at a bargain price from an individual seller. A couple years ago I bought Z series workstation for my then 10 years old son. All these have been second-hand purchases saving a few thousand euros. There is a surplus of engineering workstations that have just reached the end of their warranty period. While new consumer laptops are relatively cheap, their construction quality does not compare with the best engineering workstations.

Besides HP, Dell and Lenovo produce good workstations.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxxxx

*** Lexitec Online ***
Hello, Lynn.

Over the last 6+ years, I've had solid experiences with HP: a Windows 7
desktop at work, a Windows 7 Envy 700xt desktop at home (since upgraded
to Windows 10), and, for the last couple of years, a Windows 10 ZBook
laptop at work. They all worked, and work, without a hitch. That's my
testimonial. I imagine that, in this latter day, there are a lot of
reliable options out there. Good luck with the new machine!

-- Carl Distefano cld@xxxxxxxxxx