PLEASE help with Eudora

Dear All, Eudora has been working particularly  nicely in recent months, without the need for any intervention. Today, all of a sudden, it simply will not connect to my gmail accounts. I've rebooted a hundred times, tried all the obvious things.

Can anyone help? In my long experience of Eudora, this is unprecedented.

I am now backing up my eudora folder and will try stripping mailboxes and files out till . . . . I hope . . . . it starts working again.