Re: XyWrite under Linux (possibly)

Oh-oh. I have succeeded too but haven’t tested for speed.

   -- HB

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 27, 2020, at 1:55 PM, Edward Mendelson <em36@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I was intrigued by the idea of DreamCompute, and created the least expensive account
available. I choose Ubuntu 20.04 as my operating system; finally figured out (after much
frustration) how to create myself as a user, and, using the terminal, installed a lot of the Gnome
environment, which is what I'm familiar with (nautilus, file-roller, gedit, gnome-terminal,
firefox). Ten minutes later, after restarting into the Gnome environment and following the
instructions on my site, I had XyWrite running in dosemu2, as shown here:

> https://imgur.com/a/MlvRb2N
>
> It was an interesting experiment, but at the connection speed that I chose, it was entirely
unusable. Clearly the only sensible way to run Linux with dosemu2 is on one's local machine.