Re: XySearch

Hello Jay,

XySearch is indeed a good tool to find those long forgotten tidbits about XyWrite.
There are quite a few free Windows tools that could ease your searches.

1) grepWin (https://tools.stefankueng.com/grepWin.html)
I use this mostly for code. Paired with an editor like EditPad it takes you to the exact location (line of code in a file) you want to edit directly from the search results.
2) DocFetcher (http://docfetcher.sourceforge.net/en/index.html)
Very fast and powerful. A bit difficult to set up (Java). I use it for searching Firefox ScrapBook archives.
3) Agent Ransack (https://www.mythicsoft.com/agentransack/download/)
An easy tool for basic desktop search.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxxxx

*** Lexitec Online ***
Lexitec in English: https://www.lexitec.fi/english.html
Home page in Finnish: https://www.lexitec.fi/

I die a bit every day when I get tangled up in the never-ending Hell of having to deal with Windows.  I've been searching for a file in Window with notes from a phone conversation sometime last year and want to just jump out of a window.  A Windows 10, of course.
Anyway, glad to see XyWrite still going strong from some people.

Jay McNally