Re: OT: Discuss

Carl,

The convergence of the two OS's is a fact, and Linux would be a better choice for the system's groundwork, if by groundwork we mean network connectivity and basic security features (my experience is that it is darn difficult to get Windows machines with different iterations of Windows even to exchange files over a home LAN).

It is unfortunate that virtualization has not been built into the OS to support all MS-type applications seamlessly from DOS to 64-bit Windows (OS/2 developers had already the right idea). Maybe the Linux efforts will show the way toward this

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxxxx