Re: Settings for 35-line, 43-line, 90-column windows?

Dear Edward

BC clears the command line and I always put one, last thing, in my startup.int. Without it the last command will appear, in this case window ... etc.

I have just checked the purpose and format for the window command in my
manual and it reads:
window #left,top,width,length

# is the windows number. The command opens a window with the defined size and makes it active. When placed in startup.int, it seems to define the size for any new windows opened too, at least in my case it does.
I have looked back in my startup.int and I have one line before the
window command that reads:
func NR
which as Harry says toggles the ruler to a line. You might try adding that.
I cannot remember now how I arrived at each setting in my startup.int
but I too have
df mw=0

in settings.dfl

I hope that helps.