Re: OT: Build your own keyboard

Carl,
The DIY keyboards cater mostly to the gaming crowd. And finding baseboards for function keys on the left type keyboards is well nigh impossible.
I took the trouble of cleaning my Avant Stellar carefully, and I am
again using it. My AS documentation has now DIY maintenance
instructions:
https://www.lexitec.fi/xywrite/Avant_keyboard_drivers_and_documentation.zip
If I had to buy a new keyboard, I would perhaps consider FILCO
Majestouch 2 TKL (Cherry MX Brown) Keyboard
(https://www.amazon.com/Filco-Majestouch-2-Tenkeyless-FKBN87M-EB2/dp/B004WOF7QM)

extended with a macro keyboard like
Koolertron Single-Handed Programmable Mechanical Keyboard with OEM Gateron Red Switch,All 48 Programmable Keys Tools Keypad,8 Macro Keys, PBT Keycaps (https://www.amazon.com/Koolertron-Single-Handed-Programmable-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B076LRJ528?ref_=ast_sto_dp)

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxxxx

*** Lexitec Online ***
Lexitec in English: https://www.lexitec.fi/english.html
Lexitec English and Finnish dictionaries: https://sk.lexitec.fi/en/
Home page in Finnish: https://www.lexitec.fi/
I ran across this item and, since we've had continual keyboard threads here
over the years, thought it might be of interest:

https://www.techspot.com/guides/1625-diy-build-your-own-mechanical-keyboard/