Xywrite in Boxer on Mac M1, Big Sur

I have been using Boxer for DOS emulation on my Macs for several years. I literally work in XyWrite all day everyday. Since I've adapted XyWrite to ease my indexing and writing work, I'm totally reliant on both DOS emulation and Xy4.

Recently I bought a new Mac Air with an M1 chip, which I love, but I haven't been able to work in XyWrite on the new computer. Although I downloaded and installed DOSBox-x in December, I found the learning curve to be too steep. Someday when I am not so pressed for time, I'll read the Wiki and all instructions and maybe get it working.

As for the present, I've just found a 64-bit version of Boxer, and it works well on my M1. Available here. https://boxer.thec0de.com/index.html

Not sure if this is correct, but I found I had to have Xywrite in the DOSBox-x folder on the Mac. Boxer allows me to use my XyWrite folder in Dropbox as my C: drive, so I can access all my work and have everything synced automatically.

If anyone can offer me some tips on getting DOSBox-x working better, I'd appreciate it. I'd love to be able to confidently upgrade my other Macs to Big Sur.

Many thanks for all the years of help--to Carl and everyone! You've made my working life so much easier, through many iterations of operating systems and frustrations.
Lisa

Lisa Kleinholz
lkleinholz@xxxxxxxxx