Re: DOSBox-X version 0.83.20 on M1

I've tried this many times and it simply never takes. And there does seem to be a misfunction. For example, I invoke dosbox from a folder called xyz. But when I try to save the map file, I get the console message, cannot open file in xyz/xyz. (It repeats the name of the folder.) So I created that dummy folder, and sure enough, the map file got saved there. However, it still doesn't register. From dosbox I can explicitly say, load this map file, and still the change will not occur. After restarting dosbox, the mapper editor always shows the original setting.
I also couldn't get any font setting to work. I
tried Carl's settings, but they just resulted in
error messages, even when I eliminated all the white space.
I also find that I cannot get the screen length
commands to register, and I can't get any ttf
font to load. Should the font be included in the
dosbox folder? I have to invoke these commands
from the dosbox menu, laboriously, each time.
I am finding everything much speedier, but I
still am annoyed by a delay-before-repeat upon
keypress and would love to be able to change that.