Re: Mac users: good macro program?

Reply to note from Harry Binswanger <hb@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Wed, 29 Dec 2021
02:21:17 +0000

Harry,

> I need something similar [to AutoHotkey] for Mac. I've tried
> everything I know about, including Karabiner (whose programming
> language is horrid, not Basic-like or Python-like).

Well, Python runs on a Mac, and Python is, um, Python-like.

https://docs.python.org/3/using/mac.html

I don't know from Macs, but if you write your scripts in Python, I've
got to believe there's a way to map them to keys in MacOS.

I confess I've never understood the allure of the Mac. (I did try one,
some 20+ years ago, and was underwhelmed.) Oh, sure, if your work is
graphics-intensive ... I suppose.... But for word-processing, text
manipulation, and the like? Seems like six of one to me.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxxxx