Re: Wrinkles with the Edward-Distro of DOSBox-x

At 12/30/2021 03:43 AM, you wrote:

This app comes with absolutely no support, but its download page has useful information that might be worth looking at.

1. That page is indeed helpful in that it suggests creating an autoexec.bat file for example to execute some mount commands which, by the way, seem to require a colon after the drive letter although the dosbox-x.conf file seems not to require the colon.

2. It would be helpful to state there, up front, what you can only find out by time-intensive tinkering with the app's contents: that, within the app's contents, the file you ought to edit to make configuration changes, is
"appsettings.conf"
rather than the hitherto universally assumed dosbox-x.conf. I won't ask why it has been thought necessary to introduce this fundamental but undocumented wrinkle. The comment section in "appsettings.conf" is informative. On the other hand, it mentions a .PROF file that you can edit but I was unable to find a .PROF file anywhere on my system.

3. The settings you can alter in autoexec.bat do not include one I think should be obligatory in all DOSBox-x installs that are intended for applications:
synchronize time=true.
This must be made in appsettings.conf.

4. BUT, although I believe I now have that last setting in effect, it is not working, that is, if the computer is suspended for four hours, DOSBox will still report the time as being four hours earlier.

5. Now, what would happen if I copied appsettings.conf and renamed it dosbox-x.conf and ran it along with the later release I was toying with at first?

6. Also I am afraid I have lost Ed's shortcut keys which are not compatible with my method (whatever that is) of getting Mac-CMD to = Win/DOS-CTRL.

7. Looking back over the correspondence of the past few days, there seems to be some confusion as to whether Control is assigned to Mod1 or Mod3 or, as has sometimes seemed possible to me, both?