Re: CLRW (we really need to change the subject line)

Carl,

Well, this may be interesting.

I edited startup.int for 90 columns, not 100 and 43 lines:

BX D ’w=90, sl=43Q2 ;*;

With stock DOSBox-X and my own build, if I run

config -set cols=90
config -set lins=43

and then start XyWrite, the window is chaotic.

BUT if I run the 90x43 command that I’ve added to my build, then XyWrite runs perfectly. My
build depends on a custom video mode that I created, and possibly XyWrite is aware of the underlying
video mode, and thus gets it right.

I can’t figure out why the config -set method works correctly in your setup but not in mine.
Possibly our DOSBox-X configurations are different. Could you possibly try running DOSBox-X with no
configuration file at all, and then enter

config -set output=ttf

and the two commands for setting cols and lins, and let me know whether you get the same result I
do?