Re: POSTGHST.PR4

Carl,

Yes, I’m using my own DOSBox-X-App in both macOS and Windows, and your XyWrite setup produces
the effect you describe. My config file for Windows includes this line for LPT1:

parallel1 = file file:printdefault.prn timeout:1000 squote openpcl:'WinPCLtoPDF.exe printdefault.prn
/print' openps:'PDFfromPS.exe printdefault.prn /print' openwith:'WinTextToPDF.exe printdefault.prn
/print' openerror:'messagebox-win.exe "Could not create PDF file." "DOSBox-X
printing"'

These are my own programs. I use this on the Mac:

parallel1 = file file:../../../printpdf.prn timeout:1000 openpcl:"../../../printpcl.sh
printpdf.prn" openps:"/usr/bin/lpr -r" openwith:"../../../texttoprinter.sh
printpdf.prn"

The setup from WinWorldPC (which I think is the source of my own setup) lets me print with the
proper margin, and I tried to figure out how it differs from yours, but couldn’t find the
answer. Maybe you can see what’s happening? If not, I can send you my settings.dfl and maybe
you can spot the problem in two seconds.

By the way, the current version of DOSBox-X expects to see %!PS as the signature for PostScript
files, instead of simply %!, which is what the native XyWrite PostScript drivers use, so you
can’t print from the original XyWrite PostScript drivers to DOSBox-X. I’ve corrected
this in my build (not yet posted - I have to build on Apple Silicon before I can post) and have
requested a correction in the DOSBox-X code.