a peculiar date bug in DOSbox

I very often use the TODAY command in XyWrite which inserts the hard date into text.
I notice the oddest behaviour with DOSBox anytime the system come out
of a long sleep. Forgive a somewhat prolix explanation.

1. Generally, I invoke the TODAY command this way from a keyboard file:

20=NO,JM,2,.,t,o,d,a,y,Q2

I now no longer understand what NO JM 2 . is for
If I execute TODAY from the command line, I get the date spelled out but without the day of the week. In this version from the keyboard, I get the day of the week, also. Which is what I want.

Here's where the peculiarity comes in.
After waking from sleep, I need to execute TODAY in, say, my diary. I do so, from the keyboard, as noted above.

It gives a date three days in the future !!!!
Immediately, I execute the command (Ctrl-Alt-T) again, and it gives the right date.
I then manually, from the command line, execute NOW, and it gives the
hard time. Correctly.

I have noticed this several times, it is not a one-off.
I think it is the oddest behaviour I have discovered in DOSbox. It is as if it makes an error in implementing a command, recognizes that the repetition of the command is a reprimand, and then heals itself. It's like having a dog rather than a computer.